Monday, August 22, 2011

Pork Chops and New Lamps

Last night, David and I tried something new for dinner - Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce and Sauteed Mushrooms.  Even though my Mom says I've had pork chops, I can't remember ever having them!  The recipe came from Gina's Skinny Recipes:  http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/pork-chops-with-dijon-herb-sauce-525-ww.html  It's definitely one we'll have again.



Chopped Parsley and Onions

Be sure to salt and pepper the pork chops.

For the side, we sauteed mushrooms, using a recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com/.  All you need is butter, a package of Ranch dressing mix, and 1 pound of fresh, chopped mushrooms.  First, you melt the butter on low heat:


Then you add the ranch dressing mix:



Then the chopped mushrooms:


Saute for about 25 minutes, tossing often.  The dinner was fabulous!

The Finished Product

The mushrooms would make an excellent topping for chicken or steak and would be great served with rice.  My first pork chop experience was a good one!

Also, I just received in the mail today two new lamps from one of my favorite stores, Ballard Designs.  I'm so excited about these I had to share them:



Ballard Designs had all lighting 15% off, and I think they were a great deal for the quality!  Most things don't stay in the same place for long at my house.  Right now, they're in our living room, but I'm sure they would look great on bedside tables.

Hope you've had a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment