Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Special Weekend

Labor Day weekend was especially fun this year.  Jessica, Julia, and Betsy visited Jackson!  Julia arrived on Friday night, and we had a wonderful dinner at Underground 119 in downtown Jackson.  Around 9, Betsy and Jessica knocked on my front door, and we stayed up late talking and catching up. 
Jackson was experiencing the effects of the hurricane all weekend, so unfortunately the weather left much to be desired.  But we enjoyed just spending time with each other at home!  We also found a little time to shop and eat!  I was excited to take them to some of my favorite stores in the area, and I will share with you later in the week a few of the recipes I tried.
On Saturday, my older brother, David, and his wife, Anna, stopped by.  They were in town for their precious niece’s first birthday.  Happy 1st Birthday to Emily!  (Anna is actually from Clinton and grew up going to the same church as David (the other David)!  Anna and I have a mutual friend, Kelly, who played matchmaker for both of us.  If you would like to be set up, I would definitely recommend Kelly’s services!)
One of my favorite parts of the weekend was our dinner at Babalu in Fondren and then going to Julep after for a drink.  Here’s a picture from that night:

Jessica, Julia, Me, and Betsy

I’m always so sad when it’s time for a weekend with my friends to end.  It was hard to say goodbye, but I anticipate many more special weekends like this one.  I don't know what in the world I would do without Jessica, Julia, and Betsy!

I hope you enjoyed spending time with friends this Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment