1. Add bright pillows to chairs, couches, and beds. While some pillows are very expensive, it's easy to find affordable options, and pillows really do make a world of difference. Check out the sale at Pottery Barn for some reasonably priced pillows: http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/sale/sale-accessories-decor/sale-pillows-throws/
|Look how the pillows made this room come alive!|
2. Decorate with books - both old and new. Books add an element of sophistication and warmth to any room.
|I love books arranged by color, and it looks great on a smaller scale too.|
3. Buy new kitchen towels! It really brightens a kitchen to have pretty towels here and there. Some of my favorite kitchen towels come from Anthropologie:
4. Create a picture wall! You can buy inexpensive frames from Target in a solid color and then add your favorite pictures. I love using only black and white pictures.
5. Paint an old piece of furniture. Most of us have an old piece of furniture that isn't exciting or even pretty. Buying a small container of paint from Lowe's definitely won't break the bank. I'm looking forward to painting a chest of drawers I have, and I'm hoping the finished product will look similar to this one:
I'm excited about trying these affordable options, and I'll let you know how they turn out. Happy Decorating!