Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A New Home

David and I are under contract on a lot in Longleaf Subdivision in Madison, Mississippi!  We will probably close in December and begin building in early spring of 2012.  Lately, I've become obsessed with home magazines and websites.  There are just so many options!  Even though building a house for the first time is a bit intimidating, we couldn't be more excited to take on this new adventure! 

At this point, we are considering what's most important to us.  Because we both love to cook, our kitchen is a top priority.  Here are some ideas I love:


I love the combination of covered cabinets and glass cabinets. 
We could be messy in some and put pretty things in others! 

I like a contrasting center bar. 
I wish this one had a place for bar stools, but I love the color.

This may be my favorite.  I love the brick behind the stove, the natural light, and the huge bar.  David loves a place to hang pots and pans like this one.

The shelves at the end of a bar provide great storage space and an opportunity to display favorite cookbooks and serving pieces.

This copper sink is beautiful!

How convenient for spices and cooking oils!

I love this corner pantry.  In fact, I love everything I can see in this picture.


This would make cleaning up so much easier.

We have papers all over the place, so a desk in the kitchen would be great.

What a fun kitchen!  I love the hardwood floors.

A girl can only dream!  I can't wait to begin making decisions about our new home, and I'm thankful for plenty of time to explore all our options.  I'll definitely share our ideas along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment