Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

Last night, I went to see Beauty and the Beast with two dear friends, Emmylou and Brooke.  We started the night off with dinner at Babalu in Fondren (as you can tell from my blog, it's high on my list of favorites).  Then we went to Thalia Mara Hall in Jackson for the play.  Thalia Mara holds a special place in our hearts, because we were sworn in to practice law in Mississippi there a little over a year ago.  It meant no more studying for finals and no more studying for the bar.  As you can see, we were pretty happy that day had finally come:

September of 2010
It was nice to return to Thalia Mara for Beauty and the Beast.  There is nothing more uplifting than seeing a truly wonderful play.  Our high expectations were met with this one.  I've always been a fan of the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack.  In fact, Beauty and the Beast was my first ever CD.  As a child, I used to sing along to the theme song at home using my very own microphone.  Even though it was tempting, I chose not to sing along last night and subject Brooke, Emmylou, and those around me to my vocals.  The music was extraordinarily good, and I am certain Mrs. Potts sang it better than I did.  We had the best time and loved every minute of it.

This is our second play to attend at Thalia Mara.  Several months ago, we saw Mamma Mia.  Mamma Mia was wonderful too.  If you haven't seen Beauty and the Beast or Mamma Mia, buy a ticket as soon as possible!  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment