Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Trustworthy Kabobs

Before getting married, I rarely entered the kitchen.  Both David and I come from families full of wonderful cooks, but during my single years, I was more interested in socializing during meals than creating them.  Now, I cook often and truly enjoy it more than I ever thought I would.  I aspire to be fearless in the kitchen and try new dishes.  David and I have shared many a bad meal as a result of my experimentation.  It's absolutely the worst feeling in the world to spend hours preparing a meal that tastes terrible! 

I've come to appreciate reliable recipes. David and I just made chicken and pineapple kabobs, which are healthy and impossible to mess up.  Here's the recipe for you to try!

Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs                                 
          
           4 Chicken Breasts
           1 Pineapple
           Tequila Lime Marinade (from Kroger)
           1 Onion
           1 Jar of Cherries
          
Step 1:  Cut the chicken into cubes and marinate in the Tequila Lime Marinade for approximately 2-4 hours. 


Step 2:  Cut the pineapple into cubes.
You may also marinate the pineapple, or you can simply baste it with the marinade before grilling. 


Step 3:  Slice the onion into squares. 

Step 4:  Create the kabobs, alternating chicken, pineapple, and onion. 


Step 5:  Grill the kabobs.


Step 6:  Put a cherry on each end of the kabob and serve!


My apologies - I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product!  This recipe is a fun one because you can change it a little each time.  Next time, I think I'll add red, green, and yellow peppers so the kabobs will be more colorful.  You could also substitute shrimp for chicken.


Because we happened to have some squash, we served it with Paula Deen's Cheesy Squash Casserole (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/cheesy-squash-casserole-recipe/index.html).  The casserole was delicious, but it would be great served just with rice. This recipe will serve 4-5.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment