Friday, December 2, 2011

'Tis the Season

It's been a busy week with little time for blogging, so I'm taking my lunch break to catch up on what's going on.  Last weekend, we had a fun weekend in Savannah celebrating not one, but two, holidays I love.  On Thursday, we celebrated Thanksgiving by indulging in a spectacular lunch at my parents' house complete with the traditional Thanksgiving spread.

Fabulous Dressing - a Thanksgiving Favorite

My Mom's work of art - she used my grandmother's sweet potato casserole recipe.  Everyone loved it!
 
A football game followed lunch.  Very impressive, McKenzie...
David and Ben showing off their skills :)


It was such a pretty fall day in Tennessee.

More good food...


Ms. Meda and me

My boys :)

We're having a Mississippi Christmas this year, so we celebrated Christmas with my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandmother on the Saturday following Thanksgiving. 
David is wearing the shirt he received in Dirty Santa.  Anna must really love him to take a picture with him in that shirt.

A family basketball game - I must note that Molly beat all the boys in Pig.  I'm not surprised ;)

Here she is with Huck
A good time was had by all :)  We left feeling very thankful for family and the time we share.

When we returned to Jackson, we went to David's parents' house for a fabulous Sunday lunch followed by dessert with the Ellis family.  I was in heaven holding the newest members of our family - Jack, Olive, and our new cousin, Emma.  2011 has definitely been a year of blessings.  David's sister, Elizabeth, was visiting for the first time since her move to Maryland to pursue her doctorate in English.  It was so nice to spend time catching up with her, and we're glad she'll be back very soon for Christmas. 

Last night, Jon David and Brenda invited us to attend 'Twas a Night with Gail Pittman, which benefited the Mississippi Children's Home.  We had so much fun with JD and Brenda and enjoyed learning more about a charitable organization that is so worthy of your time, money, and prayers.  For more information, see their website:  http://www.mchscares.org/

This weekend, David and I are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary in New Orleans, a place we both love. On December 4 of last year, David and I exchanged vows in front of friends and family in the church I grew up in - First United Methodist Church.  Because our friends and family live all over the place, it may be the only time we have the people we love most together in one place.  It was a happy happy day and a weekend I will always cherish.




I couldn't be happier that this is just the beginning, and I know the best is yet to come :)

Hope you enjoy the beautiful December weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment