Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.2. Spread the pecan pieces and the chocolate chips evenly on the bottom of the pie shell.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together. Pour the filling over the pecans.
4. Bake until the filling sets, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes before slicing. 5. Serve sprinkled with confectioners' sugar or whipped cream.
I've tried several new recipes lately, but this is one of my favorites, compliments of Emeril Lagasse. If you're a chocolate lover like me, you will love it! Try it with vanilla ice cream if you're feeling especially sinful!