Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Place to Relax

As I've mentioned before, I spend quite a bit of time considering ideas for our new home.  My nights are mostly spent perusing home magazines and Pinterest (my recent obsession) to look for creative options.  Lately, I've focused on the master bedroom and bathroom.  Here are some of my favorite pictures of bedrooms and bathrooms.
The bedding in this picture is my favorite.

I love waking up to natural light.


This bedroom is so relaxing and beautiful. 

I dream about built-in bookshelves and a window seat in our bedroom!

These pillows would look great on a window seat!

I love the natural cabinets and tile floor. 

Built-in shelves like these are very practical and pretty.

The gray cabinets are so crisp and clean.
 
I would love a hamper in the bathroom like this one.  Maybe it would inspire me to do laundry more often!

This would avoid my usually messy counters!

I like everything about this picture.

I love the sink in this picture.


My dear friend, Jessica, always has good advice on decorating, entertaining, and life in general!  Her blog is  http://www.whitandjess.blogspot.com/.  When we were engaged and considering wedding ideas, Jessica suggested I pick three words to describe what I wanted our wedding to be.  I thought that was such a helpful tip, and I think it's a good thing to do when decorating also.  Because each room has a very different purpose, I think I will work on choosing three words for each room.

More than anything, I want our home to reflect who we are - the things we are passionate about, the places we've travelled, and the people we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment